Q. How do I use wireless in the library (and on campus)?
All users must register for wireless network access. Students, faculty, and staff should only have to do this once with each wireless device (see instructions below). Guests should connect to the "Sewanee-Open" network, and follow the instructions (see below) for creating an account.
Wireless Access and Registration: Sewanee Students, Faculty, and Staff
- Select the "Sewanee-Open" wireless network, and open a web browser if one does not automatically open. PC users may see a dialogue box that prompts them to click to open a browser.
- On the wireless web site that opens, click on the link to configure your computer for secure access.
- Click the “Start” button on the resulting screen ("Sewanee Secured Configuration Utility"), and follow the instructions to download and run the Aruba Quick Connect Application. You will only have to do this once.
- Your user name is your email address without the “@sewanee.edu,” and your password is your Banner password (PIN). For some Mac users, you will also need to enter your admin password- this is your computer password.
- Once the password has been authenticated, click Connect.
- Check to see if your computer is connected to the "Sewanee-Secured" network. If not, change from the Open to Secure network.
Call the Help Desk at x1369 if there are problems, or visit the Computing Help Desk in the Academic Technology Center on the Ground Floor of duPont Library.
Wireless Access and Registration: Sewanee Guests
- Connect to the "Sewanee-Open" wireless network, and open a web browser.
- Follow the link to create an account.
- Enter your full name and a valid email address.
- Click on the "Register" button.
- Click on the "Log In" button.